How to get started with Dux-Soup
Setting aside the right amount of time for quality outreach, networking and lead generation can be one of the biggest hurdles to growing your business. In this blog we’re going to take you step by step through the process of setting up Dux-Soup properly so you can automate a lot of the legwork for your LinkedIn lead generation activity - and spend more time winning new business.
Why automate your LinkedIn outreach and lead gen?
LinkedIn is the world’s premier B2B social selling network. LinkedIn automation can give your business the ability to produce better lead gen results without having to invest time in traditional outreach and sales.
However, if you are new to Dux-Soup, it can seem tricky at first to know how to get started. To help you out, we will cover the basics of using Dux-Soup to efficiently and affordably generate leads for your business, helping you free up valuable time and reaching your targets without the usual stress and workload.
LinkedIn profile tips and LinkedIn strategies
If you are an entrepreneur or you work in the sales team, the main question you might have when starting your lead generation is “How can I optimize my LinkedIn profile to make the most of it and stand out from others?”
Here are some top tips to optimise your LinkedIn profile for lead generation:
- Show a branded background photo
- Start with a compelling headline. Don’t just give your job title as your headline, tell people what you could mean for them - it can be a great way to promote you or your business.
- Use a high-resolution professional profile picture.
- Point out the strongest skills in your job description under your current company.
- Deliver your business values in the summary.
- Include content that benefits potential lead generation.
- Make full use of Linkedin:
- Fill in your (relevant) skills
- Endorse, endorse, endorse
- Discussion Groups
- Follow appropriate influencers
Most of all, be visible and active - this will make your profile more attractive to prospective contacts / targets.
As a beginner, the most effective way to use Dux-Soup for lead generation is a simple content workflow that warms up your LinkedIn prospects and uses specific content to qualify them as potential leads.
Below, I have created a sample Dux-Soup automation workflow, broken down into steps:
1. Define your target market
2. Create a LinkedIn profile list
3. Encourage LinkedIn prospects to connect with you by sending a personalized message
4. Message your 1st-degree connections by offering extra content
5. Identify potential leads from the responded prospects
6. Provide potential leads to your sales team.
Now, when your LinkedIn profile looks spot on, you can move to the lead generation!
Before getting into the basic set up process, it’s worth highlighting what Dux-Soup can automate. Dux-Soup can:
🦆 Scan and visit profiles
🦆 Organize potential leads by using Dux-Soup tagging function
🦆 Connect with LinkedIn profiles by sending a personalized message
🦆 Engage and re-engage with LinkedIn prospects
Note: For the most effective lead generation and to fully access Dux-Soup features covered in this blog, you need to upgrade your Dux-Soup to the Pro or Turbo edition (if not already done).
LinkedIn Search and auto-visit with Dux-Soup
Your next step is to find your potential leads on LinkedIn. There are 3 major ways to search and visit profiles with Dux-Soup: 1) LinkedIn Search, 2) LinkedIn Groups, 3) Dux-Soup X-Ray tool.
The Search bar at the top of the LinkedIn page allows you to search for people, jobs, companies, posts, and more. To run a search on LinkedIn, you need simply to enter your keyword in the Search bar at the top of the page.
One of the best ways to leverage your LinkedIn network is by joining LinkedIn Groups.
LinkedIn makes it easy to find Groups that are relevant to your business, or the audience you’re trying to reach. Within LinkedIn, you can perform a search in the search feature based on keywords and filter to find the right Group.
Make sure to spend the majority of your time on the key Groups you find that are managed well and have constant interactions.
Find more about the different benefits of joining LinkedIn Groups and expanding your network here.
Dux-Soup X-Ray is a handy option when you have reached your commercial use limit on LinkedIn. All that you have to do is to click on the
button from Dux-Soup drop-down menu and specify your search criteria in the following window:
To send an automated message to your first degree contacts, you need to follow these steps:
1. First, load up a list of your 1st-degree connections by clicking on the link here.
2. The next step is to enable the feature to send a personalized message. Go to Dux-Soup Options, Actions tab and click to enable the feature as shown below:
3. When you are happy with your message, return to your LinkedIn page. Here, click on "Visit Profiles” from the drop-down menu:
Dux-Soup will start to visit your 1st-degree connections and send messages to profiles. Now, you can sit back and relax or concentrate on the other things you have to do!
See this in action by watching our easy tutorial on Youtube here.
You can set up auto-tagging by going to Dux-Soup Options, Actions tab and enable the feature to add a tag during the auto-visiting :
This means that when you visit profiles with Dux-Soup, you will see a pop-up message indicating that it's tagging the profiles:
Tip: You can see the list of auto-tagged profiles by using Dux-Soup
Download your recorded data
You can download your visit/scan data only if you have a Dux-Soup Pro/Turbo account as this feature is not available with the Starter edition. All recorded data will be downloaded as a CSV file format.
To download the data, go to the LinkedIn page and click on the “Download Data” button:
Note: The data collected differ if you select to download ‘Visit’ or ‘Scan’ data.
Visiting profiles is the most comprehensive way to get lots of data as the following fields are captured:
Note: In addition, when visiting, Dux-Soup is able to extract the profile’s employment history, education, and skills list.
Scanning profiles is much quicker than visiting as the Dux does not have to open each profile one by one, but instead can quickly work through 100s of profiles in minutes. The fields that are downloaded from scan data are the following:
In most cases, you might wish to record all the potential leads quickly, organize your recorded data and clear unwanted profiles. To do that, try the following approach:
- Use the Boolean and scan the profiles to scrape your filtered network.
- Download the scanned data and delete connections you do not wish to message.
- Upload the CSV file to Revisit Data tool and use Visit Profile function to activate direct messaging.
Revisiting data with Dux-Soup
Dux-Soup Revisit Data tool
lets you revisit profiles based on previously downloaded files. Dux-Soup recognizes a certain format of the document and in order to work, you need to make sure your document contains these 3 columns, with these exact (case sensitive) columns headings:
- Profile (LinkedIn URL)
- First Name
- Last Name
Please see an example below:
Once you upload a file, Dux-Soup will revisit profiles in your custom file. See this in action by following this link.
Daily limits and account safety
LinkedIn does not allow you to use automated tools. However, we have implemented anti-detection functions in Dux-Soup which are updated continuously to avoid our users running into any trouble with LinkedIn.
As long as the users stay within our recommended settings for profile visits and messages, their account will be safe. You can learn more about recommended settings here.
By default, Dux-Soup is configured to stay below the allowance set by LinkedIn (100 visits per day). However, you can override this by going to the Dux-Soup Options panel, Throttling tab and checking the “I understand the risk” box.
You will then be able to select the limit you want from the drop-down. I do advise you to be very careful with this to make sure your account is safe and keep in mind the following:
- If you have a free LinkedIn account, you can visit up to 100 profiles a day.
- With Business Premium account you might visit for around 250 profiles a day.
- Sales Navigator will let you visit 500 profiles a day.
For the number connection requests we always advise sending a maximum number of requests to 3-5% of the current number of 1st-degree connections, i.e. if you have 10.000 connections in total, you could send up to 500 requests per day.
Read more about using Dux-Soup automation safely on LinkedIn here.
Interested in learning more about how to find your ideal client on LinkedIn and target them with Dux-Soup? Read our blog by following this link and discover the best ways you can find your ideal customer on LinkedIn.
Join our webinar on February 18th to learn more
Whether you are thinking about buying Dux-Soup for your LinkedIn automation, are new to the tool or just want a refresher - we're going 'back to basics' to show you how you set up Dux-Soup properly and get started with a bang!
Webinar highlights include:
- Overview - why automate your LinkedIn lead gen?
- LinkedIn set up - what are optimal LinkedIn profile settings
- Basic set up - including auto visits / auto-connect / auto-message / revisiting / tagging / scanning
- Setting daily limits to keep your account safe
- LinkedIn Profile tips and LinkedIn strategies
PLUS lots of opportunity for Live Q&A
Register now and find out how to get started with Dux-Soup!
If you’re reading this after February 18th then watch the recording here.
So there you go. We hope that after reading this you’re able to start using the Dux-Soup tool with confidence and will quickly start seeing benefits and results for your business.
Should you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us. You can reach us at email@example.com or join our user group where we’re always ready to help!