You have a B2B service to sell, and the best way to do it is to cast your net as far and wide as possible right? Maybe not!
Tyron Giuliani - a true master of Linkedin best practice, and Head of Selling Made Social has earnt $multi-8 figures not only for himself, but for his clients too, by using Dux-Soup Turbo to help him drive lead gen in what he calls his One-to-one-to-many selling technique.
Using Dux-Soup, he has developed some truly awesome LinkedIn automation strategies to deliver better sales outcomes and increase connection rates to create relationships that convert into active leads and sales.
Imagine then, how thrilled we were to have Ty reveal his winning 8-step approach to our Dux-Soup audience via our live webinar just a few weeks ago.
If you weren’t able to make the session, or would like a refresher on his guru-like know-how, here’s a summary.
The cost of outreach
Let’s set the scene .. you have a brilliant service to offer your clients, at a value of $4000 per customer. If we work through the numbers, it might look a bit like this:
· Typically 25% of your prospects will convert to a sale, which means you need to make at least 400 offers.
· Let’s assume 100 clients aren’t suitable, so that means you need to have delivered sales presentations to about 500 potential clients.
· If you want to get 500 presentations in the bag, you’ll need to have made at least 700 bookings in the calendar, as some will always drop out.
· To get 700 bookings, the stats suggest you’ll need to have about 3,500 leads to start with.
· So that’s 700 hours of work, at a cost $500-$1500 to acquire each lead over a 12 -24-month period!
Insane numbers, right? It doesn’t take a genius to spot that your cost per acquisition isn’t going to work out.
So, there you are, thinking business is ticking along, but you really want to work on your pipeline, increase your lead gen and reduce the time and cost it takes to do it. But how can you do that when you have so many businesses to reach?
This is where Ty’s mastery comes in! Rather than selling your one service to many customers, why not look at a model where your customers are selling your service for you? This is the genius of Ty’s One-to-one-to-many sales technique!! It offers a lower cost per sale and faster and greater expansion of your business.
The best candidates for this type of selling approach are shown here:
To transition these businesses into a successful prospect, you need to be an expert; an authority in your field. Converse with your prospects daily via messenger and on posts and once you’ve built that relationship, move the conversation into a discovery or sales call.
To do this successfully, you need to focus on the following 8 elements:
2. Identify prospects
7. Deal Management
8. 12-Step Sale
The 8 steps to $multi-8 figures
Ditch the resume – it’s used to get a job, NOT clients. Don’t waste your profile space, with a resume, instead create a landing page to highlight what you can offer, the key services you provide, and how your service can help their business. Make it about them – not you. Showcase your expertise.
This approach has proven to increase views on a site by 300-500% and improves dwell time. The longer a person lingers on your page, the more interest you are creating.
Interest generates conversions.
2. Identify prospects
Taking Franchises as an example, make sure you locate your targets. The US 2021 Franchise 500 Ranking (for example) is easy and free to use, and what’s more – it contains all the information you could ever need to get started!
These clients are all on LinkedIn. Their information is public. They want to be contacted. So why wouldn’t you use that? The numbers below speak for themselves, and wherever/whoever your target market is, you are sure to find similar information accessible – just do your homework!
Dux-Soup is an excellent tool for saving time on transactional tasks. It enables you to connect and message with a prospect easily. The best way of opening up dialogue, is to make sure you include a connection note. This DEFINITELY improves acceptance rates, IF done in the right way.
· A great profile AND a well-crafted connection note will result in a 30-60% success rate.
· A great profile and NO connection note will typically still result in a 20-30% success rate.
· A slap-dash, salesy connection note will see a success rate of LESS THAN 10%.
If you’re seeing less than a 10% connection success rate – STOP! Stop using your existing connection note, because it clearly isn’t working for you! Make sure the goal of that initial note is only ever to connect – don’t overload the message with any other actions.
What’s more, automating your connection notes with Dux-Soup can save you stacks of time – up to 7 days per year JUSTon connection notes!
Once connected - get into a real conversation with your prospect. Too many people fall foul at this hurdle and start spouting off a load of ‘business blurb’, using a formal introduction, about their role, the company they work for and how that company can help theirs.
Do your homework. Use social media, find out about them so you can start that connection with something more ‘real’, as if you were there in person. Use the knowledge you have gained to build a rapport.
Emulate the way a ‘normal’ conversation usually happens and how you’d usually speak in the real world – ask questions, answer questions, offer thoughts, ask for theirs, inject a bit of humour, interrupt sometimes – just be more natural and informal. Here’s a quick reminder.
IF YOU WOULDN’T SAY IT FACE-TO-FACE, THEN DON’T TYPE IT IN MESSENGER!
The next trick is to use Dux-Soup Turbo to launch targeted, automated drip campaigns to your connections. Here’s a simple guide:
1. Short email with an emotional element. Ask a question about a major issue you know the industry is encountering.
2. Check-in email. Hey, did you see my previous message?
3. Short email – another question about a known industry pain point.
4. Check-in email. Hey, did you see my previous message?
5. Short email with another question – credential based.
6. Check-in email. Hey, did you see my last message?
7. The break up message. ‘There’s a fine line between persistence and annoyance, so I’ll leave you to it’!
Don’t lead with the usual ‘I can save you time and money’ sell – because it’s been done too often before! Turn it into an outcomes statement – play the emotional card and tell them what will happen if they don’t solve these issues.
Manually going through LinkedIn, visiting profiles in the search of the right connections takes up a huge amount of time. You might be looking at visiting 200 profiles a day. This is where a lead gen automation tool is awesome!
Run a search. Search by ACTIVE, and then select ‘View Profiles’. This is where Dux-Soup heads out on auto-pilot, to visit those profiles on your behalf while you concentrate your efforts elsewhere. This technique teases the prospect into actively taking a look at your profile, and in many cases sending a connection request to you! To run through the numbers:
· In one year, Dux-Soup could help you visit 36,000 new prospects.
· That could generate typically 360-1000 in-bound connections
· Which could lead to 150-400 conversations with those in-bound connections
· If 1 in 30 converted, then that’s 5-13 deals p/a
· So, for the $4000 service – we’re talking $20,000 to $52,000 a year, purely from connections reaching out to you!
Don’t get a connection and then leave them hanging.
So many people are guilty of getting a connection, extracting the contact information, loading it into email automation software and sending out email campaigns. This is great if you ONLY want a 15-20% open rate (i.e. – 80% of people won’t ever read it).
So, let’s compare that to LinkedIn. You see the red dot hovering over the message icon – what do you do? You open it right?!
So – ditch email campaigns, switch to LinkedIn and use Dux-Soup to automate your lead generation. Highlight the services you provide, prepare 3 pieces of quality content a month and use this to create an article post for LinkedIn.
Craft an intro paragraph to the post that hooks the reader (preferably something that isn’t google-able). Use the same paragraph and ‘share’ the link to target your connections via LinkedIn messaging.
When someone replies to your message within LinkedIn, your post will feature on their news feed – and it stays there for about a week, not just for them to see, but for all of their connections to see too!
7. Deal Management
With a simple integration to Dux-Soup Turbo, you can search and target connections which are automatically uploaded to the CRM system. Once that connection invite is accepted, the contact is moved into the deal pipeline. It’s a simple and effective way of managing your business’ sales funnel.
Using a CRM platform not only makes your business easier to run, it means you have a back-up of all your contacts, just in case anything bizarre ever happened to you and your LinkedIn account!
8. The 12-Step Sale – Spotlight on Franchises
If we take a franchisee as an example here (and don’t forget you can easily get an up-to-date list of the top 500 Franchise’s wherever you are), then these are the 12 principles to follow:
1. Align your offer and social media messaging.
2. Engage with franchisor.
3. Carry out sales presentation, offering a pilot scheme.
4. Recruit 5-10 franchisees for the pilot.
5. Pilot scheme participants pay 25% of the usual fee and provide feedback and testimonials for marketing.
6. Carry out pilot training, so franchisor witnesses you with their franchisees
7. Pilot attendees provide feedback. Adjustments made if necessary. Gain approval to roll-out.
8. Prepare webinar/training for the franchise with social proof of the Pilot members.
9. Produce a landing page with details of the program, video testimonials and payment page.
10. Automate all onboarding.
11. Follow-up emails for those in attendance, and a replay option if not in attendance.
12. Have your collateral included on your franchisor’s website with access to your landing and sign-up page.
And there you have it! Once you’ve got one hooked, ‘your program becomes an ingrained service within the franchise,and sales come automatically’ states Tyron.
Go to 36:48 on the webinar video to see his approach in more detail.
So – to answer the question we started with – do you want HUGE business growth?? Well, now you know how! Create a ‘one-to-one-to many selling system’, and you too might just be able to create millions!! Here’s a super-speedy re-cap to your 8-step road to success!!