Email Marketing and Dux-Soup
We all know that email has long been a cornerstone of lead generation and that marketing products or services by email is a fast, flexible and cost-effective way of reaching new customers.
But using email alongside LinkedIn automation can enhance your lead gen results significantly - offering different options for your prospect to respond to and improving the chances of you creating a meaningful relationship that leads to a sale.
Dux-Soup can help you scrape an email from a profile on LinkedIn. But in this blog, we’ll dive deeper to show you three ways to retrieve an email using Dux-Soup:
- Running the bot on your 1st- degree connections
- Using Dux-Soup points
- Making a Zap that will scrape an email once Dux-Soup has detected a new connection
We will also show you how to use Zapier and Integromat to send a direct email, create a lead in Mailshake or add a new contact in Mailchimp once Dux-Soup has scraped an email.
How to capture an email from a prospect on LinkedIn with Dux-Soup
You can scrape the email from a prospect on LinkedIn during a profile visit with Dux-Soup.
Visit Events occur when manually and automatically viewing profiles on LinkedIn. An automated visit will result in 2 events:
1. for the initial profile view (create event);
2. after the robot opens the contact tab - this will include the email address if the prospect is your 1st-degree connection (update event).
Option No 1: Run Dux-Soup on 1st-degree connections
Any paid Dux-Soup version (Pro or Turbo Editions) can scrape the email addresses of your 1st-degree connections. All that you have to do is to open the list of your direct connections in LinkedIn and click on “Visit Profiles”. Find out what data you can scrape along with an email here.
Once your Dux-Soup session has finished, you can download the data and it will contain the email addresses of all visited profiles. You can learn how to download data from Dux-Soup here.
Option No 2: Use Dux-Soup Points
If you want to capture the emails for your 2nd and 3rd-degree connections, you will have to purchase Dux-Soup Points.
To purchase Dux-Soup Points, click on the Dux-Soup icon, click on Dux-Dash and go to Dux-Store.
Once you enter the Dux-Store, you will find the information about our packages and rates.
One Dux-Soup point equals one successful email found. This means that if Dux-Soup is not able to find a profile’s email, or if a lookup isn’t required, a point will not be deducted from your account.
It’s important to note that if you accidentally delete the captured Dux-Soup profile data from your browser, you can still visit the same profiles and get their emails 7 days after the initial lookup - and you won’t be charged an additional point.
After you purchase the points, make sure you enable "The Address Finder" in the Dux-Store. When you run Dux-Soup by clicking on "Visit Profiles", you will see a grey pop up where you need to choose "Yes, please", so that the emails of your 2nd and 3rd-degree connections are also captured.
It’s worth reading our LinkedIn Search and Filtering Masterclass to learn how to use LinkedIn filters and Dux-Soup skipping options to make sure that every point brings you real value.
Alternatively, you can manually open the profiles you like and scrape their emails by enabling “Run automated actions while manually browsing profiles”:
Option No 3: Scrape an email once Dux-Soup detects a new connection with Zapier
You might want to scrape an email once Dux-Soup detects a new connection automatically (without manually clicking on a profile link). Here is how to set this up in Zapier:
1. Enable the Remote Control in Dux-Soup Options, Connect tab:
2. Go to Zapier and make a new Zap.
3. Select Webhooks by Zapier as Trigger App and Catch Hook as Trigger Event:
4. Click on Continue and retrieve your customized Webhook. Copy and paste it to Dux-Soup Options, Connect tab, make sure you have ticked only "Message" event and click on "Send Sample":
5. Select an "INVITATION_ACCEPT" event webhook:
6. Add "Filters by Zapier" in your next step and set up the filter to the following value:
7. Choose an action app "Dux-Soup" and action event "Visit Profile", click on Continue:
8. Select your account, click on "Continue". Afterwards, customize the visit command the following way:
10. Send sample data and turn on your Zap.
Note: To save Zapier task allowance, please disable the webhook option when you don’t want to scrape emails from your 1st-degree connections. For example, when sending direct messages or connection requests.
Using Zapier for your email marketing
So, you have scraped an email that can be downloaded in a CSV file. However, the options with Dux-Soup Turbo do not end here. You can set up your email campaign with Zapier and send an email, or add a prospect to a mailing list as soon as you have retrieved an email address. For example, you can do the following:
- Send a direct email using mailing services such as Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
- Add a new lead to Mailshake
- Add a contact to your mailing list in Mailchimp
These are just examples of what you can do. Zapier supports 1000’s of apps, so the possibilities are endless. Here is how to start:
1. Go to Zapier, make a new Zap, retrieve a unique webhook URL, paste it to Dux-Soup Options, Connect tab and click on “Send Sample”:
2. Make sure that you use update visit event:
3. Add “Filter by Zapier” with the following values:
4. In the next step, you can customize your email in Gmail OR create a lead in Mailshake OR add a contact to your mailing list in Mailchimp. The choice is yours!
After you have added and customized your action app, click on “Test & Continue” and turn your Zap.
Using Integromat for your email marketing
You can set up direct email automation with Dux-Soup Turbo using Integromat. Here are detailed steps on how to retrieve an email from LinkedIn by catching Dux-Soup webhook and connecting Gmail as an action app:
1. Go to https://www.integromat.com/ and select “Scenarios” from the left-side popup menu, and click on Create a new scenario button:
2. Search for “Dux-Soup” in the next window, click on the icon and select Continue:
3. Click on ? and select Dux-Soup as your 1st module. Then, select Watch Events:
4. Afterwards, click on Dux-Soup module and click on Add button:
5. Name your webhook and click on the Save button:
6. Copy the unique URL:
7. Paste this URL to Dux-Soup Options, Connect tab, select the event and enable the Webhook option:
Note: please be advised to use only 1 event for one webhook. Find more details here.
8. Go back to the integromat.com, right-click on the Dux-Soup module and select Run this module only:
9. Return to Dux-Soup Options, Connect tab and click on Send Sample
Dux-Soup is set as a trigger module now. Here’s this process in action:
Once you have set Dux-Soup Watch Events as your trigger module, you can add Gmail as an action module (or any other mail services that are supported by Integromat!).
Note: As Google recently introduced new restrictions on how users can use their API, you would need to create your own project in Google Cloud Console and a custom OAuth client in order to integrate Dux-Soup with Google services. Please find more information on how to do it here. Also, some exemptions apply.
Here’s a setup for Gmail action module in Integromat:
To make sure, Integromat processes only the update event, please add this filter:
Your final scenario in Integromat should look like this:
Don’t forget to save your scenario and turn it on!
Register for our free webinar to learn more
In this webinar Giles Garnett, Head of Professional Services at Dux-Soup will show you how to combine email with your LinkedIn outreach campaigns for better results.
Discover how Dux-Soup Pro and Turbo can help create best practice workflows to integrate email and social selling activities. There is also loads of opportunity for Q&A! Register now.
PLUS - Everyone who registers will automatically be sent a recording of the webinar.
NOTE: If you’re reading this after June 23rd, 2020 then view the webinar recording here.
Dux-Soup is a complete tool for lead generation that can automate your email marketing too! There are several options on how to retrieve an email address from a profile on LinkedIn plus you can automate sending a direct email so you don’t have to worry about downloading profile data - and copy an email and add it to your mailing list. How cool is that!
Do you have any questions, comments or suggestions? We’d love to hear them so send them over to email@example.com and we’ll respond straight away!